+353 91 49 2420
Centre for Chromosome Biology
School of Natural Sciences
note: Ireland currently has no postcodes. Just insert a random value if required!
Travelling to CCB
- Google Maps
- On foot from town
- By taxi
- Taxi drivers should know Orbsen Builing (NCBES) on Distillery Road (closest)
- All taxis will know historic Quadrangle Building on University Road (3 min walk)
See the detailed instructions below for individual locations
Travelling to Galway
- By air
- By road
- By rail
- Regular trains from Dublin Heuston Station with Iarnrod Eireann (Irish Rail)
Directions within NUI Galway
- By CarEnter at the distillery road entrance or main entrance. Park in any of the visitor parking areas.Note: Unless you have a parking permit, you must park in a designated pay and display parking place, purchase a ticket at one of the machines nearby and display on dashboard. Failure to do so will result in clamping requiring a release fee!
- On FootEnter from University Road, follow paths to the Arts-Science building and enter through main entrance or Biochemistry entrance as explained below.
A large interactive map of the college is available at http://www.nuigalway.ie/campus_map/ Select the category “Buildings” then click on “Biochemistry”
Locations of CCB Members
Above is a map of the NUI Galway campus showing the general location of the CCB labs and offices. The large purple rectangle is the Biochemistry area. The small purple rectangle is Prof Santocanale’s office.
- Most members of CCB are located within the Discipline of Biochemistry
- Upper floor: Lowndes, Carty, Flaus, Morrison, Nasheuer, Rea
- Lower floor: Sullivan, Lahue, McStay
- Prof Corrado Santocanale is in the National Centre for Biomedical and Engineering Science (NCBES)For Santocanale lab, enter by Orbsen entrance (see below), proceed up the stairs, turn around 180 degree and enquire at reception.
Entering the Complex
There are three alternative entrances indicated on the map which lead to CCB:
Via main entrance = Arts-Science building
- Turn right on entering the Arts-Science building and proceed to the end of the concourse. When you pass the cafeteria “Smokies” you will see the lecture theatre “McMunn” on your left.Pass this lecture theatre and turn left down the corridor. Travel through two sets of red double doors and the labs are located in the wings on your rightYou are now on the upper floor of Biochemistry. Offices and labs are on either the upper or lower floors. See floor plans below for individual locations.
Via lower Biochemistry entrance
Turn right on entering. You are now on the lower floor of Biochemistry. Offices and labs are on either the upper or lower floors. See floor plans below for individual locations.
Via Orbsen entrance
On entering the Orbsen Building proceed through the atrium and up the stairs. At top od the stairs turn left through the red door. Proceed through another two double-doors and over the glass bridge. Continue straight on through yet another set of doors.
You are now on the upper floor of Biochemistry. Offices and labs are on either the upper or lower floors. See floor plans below for individual locations.
Maps of Office Locations in Biochemistry
Upper floor plan
Lower floor plan