Calendar URL for subscribing (ics file)
iCal for Mac
- In iCal go Calendar menu > Subscribe and paste in the calendar URL above
You should see the 1 hour blocks show up in your calendar.
- You can configure properties like colours and refresh
- In iCal v5, Click Calendars button (top left of iCal window) then right click on CCB Talks subscription from list and choose Get Info option.
- Refresh default is daily. Force the refresh under Calendar menu > Refresh All
NUIG Office 365 Calendar (Webmail, Outlook)
- Log into NUIG Office365 webmail using a web browser like Safari or Firefox
- Click on top left grid icon and choose ‘Calendar’
- Right click ‘My Calendars’, then left-click ‘Open Calendar’
- In the popup dialogue, copy-paste the calendar URL above into the Internet Calendar box. Leave From Directory field empty.
- Click Open
- The items should now show up in your Office365 calendar, and also in your Outlook app. This calendar should dynamically update itself every time an addition or change is made.
iOS Calendar app (iPhone, iPad)
Note that if you are synchronising your email and calendars from the NUIG Office365 server then use the Office 365 instructions above instead.
- Copy the calendar URL above
- Address starts with https://… and ends with basic.ics
- Can be easiest to copy using Safari on your iPhone/iPad and hold it in sideways (landscape) view
- Open Settings app on your iPhone or iPad
- Scroll down and tap on “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Scroll down and tap on “Add Account…”
- Tap on “Other” in list of account types
- Tap on “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- Paste the address you copied into the Server box and tap Next button
- Tap Next button to confirm settings are correct
- Setting will now show the list of accounts, including your Subscribed Calendar
- Go back to the Calendar app
- Click Home button on phone then tap Calendar app to launch
- The events should now be showing up on the calendar
- This should update by Push whenever there are changes to our calendar on the server